Coffee & Registration… 7:30am
Seminar… 8:00am to 4:30pm
Continental breakfast and Lunch will be provided
*for 3 or more from the same organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a special coupon code for your organization to reduce registration to $200.00 per person
Pleasantries Adult Day Services
195 Reservoir Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
Get directions using Google Maps
The Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Seminars are open to anyone who works in long term care or is a caregiver.Statistics prove that nearly 50% of the residents of long-term care facilities have been diagnosed with dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease. This number will continue to grow. The only way to provide successful dementia care is to understand the disease process and the significance behind the dementia-related behaviors.
Course Goals and Objectives:
– To provide fundamental education on dementia and dementia care
– To enhance the quality of life of dementia patients through education care providers
– Foster sensitivity and respect for the dementia client
– To teach communication techniques
– To provide sensitive approaches for assisting patients with activities of daily living.
– Have an understanding of dementia
– Identify common causes of aggressive, repetitive and sundowning behaviors in adults
– Describe behavioral/care interventions that may be used to prevent or reduce difficult care situations.
– Describe challenges related to caregiver stress and utilize stress reduction techniques
– Learn alternative activity interventions that are success oriented and failure-free
– Receive a certificate of attendance
Steps to becoming a Certified Dementia Practitioner
Step 1 – Are you qualified to receive your CDP?
For information on the qualifications to receive this certification go to https://www.nccdp.org/tracks.htm. You may attend the seminar for the education even if you do not meet the qualifications.
Step 2 – Register for and attend the entire NCCDP, “Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care” Seminar by purchasing the seminar using the Add to Cart button above. Inquire with Tammy about group discounts.
Step 3 – Once you receive your Certificate of Attendance apply for your Certificate as a Dementia Practitioner. You only have 30 days to apply with NCCDP. Download the application by clicking here, print it, and bring it with you to the seminar
Cost is $75.00 – $100.00 per application. For 3 or more from the same organization, you will receive a reduced rate of $25.00 per application
Step 4 – Receive your Certification as a Dementia Practitioner and utilize your expertise and credentials.
Step 5 – Renew every 2 years with NCCDP with 10 continuing education credits for a cost of $25.00 renewal fee
Instructor: Tammy Pozerycki, MA, CADDCT, CFRDT, CDP